Prague Field Notes: Things to do in Prague in Winter
(So, this is a blog post I wrote on my old blog at the beginning of this year, I've moved it over to this site as it's still relevant and I love looking through these pictures, I hope you enjoy it!)
Prague Field Notes
Ah, beautiful Prague! Just looking at these pictures makes me wonder if it was all a dream? Prague is the most picturesque, fairytale city I have ever had the pleasure to be in.
Ben and I travelled to Prague in January of this year, admittedly, it’s taken me a long time to get to this post, but better late than never, right? We spent 4 days and 3 nights in the outskirts of the city (at the Andel’s hotel) and filled every day with walking, sightseeing and great food.
You don’t need more than a few days in Prague, it’s a small city, transport is cheap and it’s easy to walk from one side to the other. Everything in the city was incredibly inexpensive, so it makes a great destination for a budget city break.
Here are some things to check out if you’re heading to Prague:
- Walk over the Charles bridge and enjoy the city views
- Gaze in awe at the astronomical clock in the town centre, take a tour to the top and get a great view of the city centre
- Get lost in the hustle and bustle of the streets
- Check out the beautiful St Vitus cathedral, and take in the magnificent views from the top of the steps
- Eat a potato swirl on a stick
- Check out golden lane, an adorable row of 16th century houses in the castle grounds
- Find the John Lennon wall, take in the street music and snap some great Instagram pics
- Find the pink love-lock bridge and add a lock with a loved one (around the corner from the John Lennon wall)