Charleston, South Carolina, Field Notes: Things to do in Charleston
This post is dedicated to my favourite city in the world, Charleston SC. I've vacationed with Ben and his parents in Myrtle beach twice now, and luckily, each time, we've been able to visit the gorgeous Charleston, which is about an hour away.
This historic city is heaving with character, and if you're keen on Instagramming pink houses and bright walls, then this is the place to visit. The city effortlessly mixes traditional charm, with modern and exciting bars, restaurants and boutiques.
Here are a few things you can't miss on a trip to Charleston
- Walk along the Battery and admire the gorgeous, and colourful houses
- Take a tour, either by walking or on a horse drawn carriage, and engulf yourself in the history of the city
- Check out the boutiques on King Street (my favourite is Moon and Lola)
- Admire (more) pastel coloured houses in Rainbow Row. They're full of charm and make for a lovely photo op
- Amble along the Charleston City Market and pick up some gorgeous souvenirs and hand made items